COUR is seeking an engineer with skills, experience, and a can-do attitude to join our team of highly skilled scientists and engineers. COUR is a small pharmaceutical company with a big impact. At COUR, you will help us bring innovative therapeutic products from initial academic research to human proof-of-concept clinical studies. If you are an enthusiastic, hands-on engineer that is able to design, develop and implement manufacturing processes in a regulated, controlled environment (GMP), please reach out to us.
- BS - Engineering: Materials Science, Chemical, Mechanical preferred
- Experienced and/or trained in project management
- Advanced degree not required
APPROPRIATE FULL TIME EXPERIENCE:
- ~3 to 5 years in manufacturing or laboratory operations – materials, chemical, biological or food.
- Experience working on project teams and providing project management leadership
- Helpful if trained in project management
- Helpful if experience working under GMP Quality Systems, or in FDA regulated industries.
- Helpful if experienced in pharmaceutical or device industry
- Helpful if experienced supervising and managing suppliers
- Able to design and document systems and processes (computer-aided)
- Able to develop technology solutions for unique, first-in-class manufacturing processes
- Able to stand-up and test manufacturing and/or lab equipment
- Able to operate and test manufacturing and/or lab equipment
- Able to document process work instructions, SOPs
- Able to write technical documentation
- Able to plan, document and manage equipment maintenance and cleaning programs
- Able to develop and monitor and report on quality and efficiency metrics
COUR is a rapidly growing biotech company in the Chicago area developing therapeutics based on our deep knowledge of immunology and material science. Our team combines the skills and experience of biologists, material scientists, chemists and engineers. COUR is expanding its laboratory and manufacturing capabilities in Skokie, Illinois. COUR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.